All the Hollywood stars have hair extensions installed, giving them a quick boost in length and volume. Because all the stars have them, they are quickly becoming the next fad for people to follow, hair extensions are becoming big business because everyone is following the trend. What most people do not realize is that getting them put in should not be taken lightly; very careful consideration should be taken when deciding to get hair extensions put in. You should first decide whether they are the right thing for you.
Are hair extension right for you?
Getting hair extensions put in is a big decision so I will try to help you make your mind up because hair extensions are very pricey, many running into hundreds of pounds. So deciding to get them put in should not be taken lightly. So should you get them put in? Well that goes on a person to person perspective, you can decide by answering a few questions:
- Do you want to change your hair style?
- Are you looking to radically change your hair or is it just a small change that could have been done in the hair dressers?
- Do you want to add length or volume quickly to your hair?
- Are you willing to do the extra work to take care of hair extensions?
- Are you going long term change? (Eg could a wig or clip in hair do the job if it's only going to be for a short amount of time?)
- Are you willing to sit in the salon while the get installed? (This can take up to a couple of hours)
If you answered no to a few of the questions then maybe hair extensions are not the right idea for you, there are many other ways of changing your hair style from getting a wig or clip in hair. for a little bit and see if there is a better option for you. But if you answered yes to most of the questions then hair extensions might be right for you.
What to do next
Once you have determined that hair extensions are the right choice for you, you will have to find a qualified hair dresser to put them in, some hair extensions say that they can be installed at home on your home, but it is well worth your money to get them installed by a professional because they would have done the installation many times before and perfected the method of installation, meaning that they will not damage your hair when putting them in. The same goes for getting them taken out, go to a professional to get them taken out because you can cause your hair a lot of damage by removing hair extension in the wrong way.
Source by Aron Hing